Date of Bake Sale
Saturday & Sunday, October 10-11, 2020
Friday, Saturday & Sunday, October 16-18, 2020
Deadline for Receiving the Cookies
Date will be posted in August 2020
WE ASK THAT ALL BAKERS STAY FIRM TO THIS DEADLINE. From the day your cookies arrive in Sister Bay there is a massive amount of work that goes into preparing them for the bake sale from un-boxing the shipped cookies to carefully sorting them together with all the other cookies by theme to assembling the cookie boxes and tying with a ribbon. REMEMBER, YOU CAN ALWAYS MAKE YOUR COOKIES AT ANY TIME AND FREEZE THEM UNTIL YOU’RE READY TO SHIP THEM, BUT, AGAIN, WE ASK THAT THEY ARRIVE IN SISTER BAY BY _______________________.
2300 Hidden Maples Place
Sister Bay, WI 54234
- Halloween: We usually end up with a plethora of pumpkins so we encourage you to think outside the pumpkin patch when it comes to your designs!
- Fall/Autumn: We typically get enough leaves to fill all the trees in Wisconsin so leave leaves behind for other autumn designs!
- Kid Friendly: Among the most popular designs are cartoon or superhero characters, football (Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers), Baseball (Milwaukee Brewers), Basketball (Milwaukee Bucks), and dogs
New this Year – MINI COOKIES! (We have filled the full quota!)
- Please wrap each mini cookie individually.
- Each bag MUST be labeled with your cookie name, location, and flavor.
- We will be accepting a limited number of mini cookies so if it’s not on the registration form, the amount we’re accepting has been filled.
New this Year – DOG TREATS! (We have filled the full quota!)
We tested this out last year and dog treats were a huge hit!
- 6 dog treats per bag.
- Bag MUST be labeled with your cookie name, location, and INGREDIENTS. (People seem to care more about what’s in a dog treat than in a human cookie!)
- We will be accepting a limited number of dog treats so if it’s not on the registration form, the amount we’re accepting has been filled.
Do Not Make “Sets” of Cookies
Please keep in mind that when your cookies arrive they will be sorted by theme and mixed together in boxed sets with cookies from other cookiers. This gives our customers a chance to have a variety of designs and flavors from a variety of cookiers. For this reason please make cookies that can stand on their own design so they can be sold individually or combined with other cookier’s creations. Please DO NOT MAKE A SET OF COOKIES, because once the cookies are sorted, the “set” no longer makes sense.
The bake sale is held during Fall Fest in Sister Bay, WI, and is open to the general public. Most of our customers are tourists, who are relaxed and on vacation. Keeping our themes and our customer profile in mind, the design of your cookies is totally up to you. Feel free to make all of your cookies one design or mix it up a bit and make different designs — it’s totally up to you! The cookies do not have to refer to Go Bo! — keeping the designs fun and happy is what seems to appeal to our customers.
Size of Cookies
Regular decorated cookies: 3.5” – 4”
Mini cookies: 2” (We have filled the full quota!)
Some cookies are sold individually and some cookies are boxed in gift boxes. Please try to stay within the size guidelines so that customers do not bypass cookies because they are smaller than others.
Paint Your Own Cookie (We have filled the full quota!)
If you signed up to make “Paint Your Own Cookies,” PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE A PAINT PALETTE COOKIE OR PAINTBRUSH. We will provide paint and paintbrushes at the bake sale.
Do’s and Don’ts
We have learned a lot over the last few years, please:
- AVOID USING FRAGILE COOKIE SHAPES as they have a greater chance of breaking in shipping and handling.
- AVOID USING SANDING SUGAR as it has a tendency to fall off in shipping.
- AVOIDING USING TOO MUCH BLACK DETAIL PIPING as it tends to get brittle and oftentimes cracks and chips in shipping.
- DO NOT USE RIBBONS, TWISTIES, OR GUSSETED BAGS as we will be gift boxing as many cookies as we can.
- DO NOT MAKE “SETS” OF COOKIES, each cookie should be able to stand on its own and sold as an individual cookie.
Number of Cookies
This is totally up to you — however many you so generously wish to donate is great with us! We totally appreciate any amount of cookies you commit to donate; however, we want you to know we budget everything on the total amount of committed cookies – boxes, bags, signs, volunteers! If you are unable to donate the amount of cookies you initially committed to donate, please let us know as soon as possible by sending an email to JillFCS@aol.com
– IMPORTANT –
MANDATORY Labeling of Cookies:
To stay in compliance with state regulations, please label EACH cookie bag with your cookie name, location AND the flavor of your cookie (see example below). Ingredient list is not mandatory. ANY COOKIES THAT WE RECEIVE WITHOUT LABELS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BE SOLD AT THE BAKE SALE.
- Sweet Sugarbelle: Shipping Cookies
- University of Cookie: How to Package Cookies for Shipping
- The Painted Cookie: Shipping Cookies
Posting of Pictures
Please feel free to post your pictures on any/all social media platforms AND on the Go Bo! Foundation Bake Sale Facebook page . Please use the hashtag #gobobakesale2020