Back by popular demand, Anita from Sweet Hope Cookies will be hosting a series of cookie auctions live on Periscope over the weekend of October 7, 8, and 9. Up for auction will be some remarkable boxes of decorated cookies from cookie decorators around the world. Bidding will happen in real time and if you participated last year you know it’s fast, lively and a whole lot of fun!
Since this is a fundraiser for the Go Bo Foundation benefiting children and their families with cancer, we love to see the bids go sky high but this year, along with the live auctions we’re going to hold several flash sales for multiple boxes and winners at a time. The price will be set and cookies will go to people on a first come, first serve basis.
The times for the live auctions and flash sales will be announced soon but for now, here’s all the information you need to know to not miss out on this great event!
GUIDELINES FOR GO BO Online COOKIE Auctions
1. Download the Periscope app on your mobile device.
- Periscope App on Google Play and Periscope App on the Apple App Store.
- Open the app on your device and follow the simple instructions for creating your own account.
- Once you sign into your new account, click on the people icon and then on the magnifying glass icon.
- In the search bar enter “Go Bo Bake Sale” and click on the name when it comes up in the results. On the pop up, click on “Follow” and be sure the notification button is set to “on.”
(This is only the temporary account name for Anita’s Sweet Hope Cookie account so if you’re already following Anita just be sure your notifications are turned on for the weekend.)
2. During the weekend you will receive notifications on your mobile device whenever “Go Bo Bake Sale” holds a live broadcast. Some of the broadcasts will be titled “Behind the Scenes” where we show you around Sister Bay Wisconsin or the wild havoc as we prep the cookies for the local bake sale. We will also hold short broadcasts to announce the start of a flash sale (see below). Whenever we hold a live cookie auction “Live Cookie Auction” will appear in the title. Either join us by clicking on your mobile device notification or open the Periscope app and click on the TV icon. The Go Bo Bake Sale broadcast will appear in a list. Just click on the image to enter into the live broadcast.
3. Before each auction is open we’ll show you the box of cookies to be bid on, highlighting some of the bakers and their locations that are represented in the box. You will know the exact cookies available for that auction.
4. Anita will begin with an opening bid. We ask that as you bid you bid up in increments of $5.00. The auctions are open to everyone but if you’re bidding from outside the United States please place your bids in USD.
5. When the bidding slows down, Anita will give a closing count of “3 -2-1-bidding is closed!” The person who is holding the highest bid at the call of “1” is the winner. Please be aware that there can be a momentary delay between the time you enter your bid until others see it so don’t hold off too long on placing your last final bid or it might not be seen in time to qualify.
6. Once the broadcast has concluded everyone who won an auction during that session has one hour to make their donation. Winning bids that aren’t donated within the hour will be forfeited and the cookies will go back up for auction. Please paypal your winning bid amount to JillFCS@aol.com, selecting “friends and family” to avoid a service fee so the full amount of your donation can go directly to the Go Bo Foundation. DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS IN THE NOTE SECTION OF YOUR PAYPAL DONATION.
There is no additional charge for shipping!
GUILDLINES FOR THE GO BO ONLINE FLASH SALES
1. Flash sales will be held on the Go Bo Foundation Bake Sale Facebook Page, so if you haven’t already, be sure to click the “like” button on the bake sale page.
2. Several times during the weekend we will pop onto Periscope to announce that a flash sale is about to be posted on Facebook. At the very conclusion of the broadcast we will put up a clearly designated Flash Sale post on the Go Bo Foundation Bake Sale Facebook Page. Each flash sale will be for a certain amount of boxes of cookies at a set price. If there are 10 boxes in a flash sale then the first 10 people to claim a box in the comment section will win. One box per person per flash sale.
3. When all the boxes are claimed, we will post the winning names in the comment section under the original post. The named winners have one hour to paypal the set donation amount to JillFCS@aol.com, selecting “friends and family” to avoid a service fee so the full amount of your donation can go directly to the Go Bo Foundation. DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS IN THE NOTE SECTION OF YOUR PAYPAL DONATION. There is no additional charge for shipping!